About Me

My photo
Aimee--I am now working! I have a great job as the Publications Secretary for a local Methodist church, and it is a wonderful part-time occupation. I am still kind of keeping up with my eBay business re-selling quality women's clothing--got to sell off the inventory! I love being a Christian and being with Christians...I love that this world is not the final state of things... Nate--Just call me Mr. Arkansas. I'm an Arkansas fan. I love the Hogs, I love the towns, I love the woods, I love THE ROCK. First and foremost I love God and the home and wife He has given me. I love the Bible study where I lead worship and teach on occassion. To find out more . . . Check out da Blog!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Two Whole Years...

The end of May, we celebrated our Second wedding anniversary!! I can't believe it's been two whole years. We went to Memphis and had a great time there. We got to spend three days because of Memorial Weekend! I can't wait to go back!

The first thing we did was go to the Mud Island Museum/Park. It was cool--a lot about transportation on the Mississippi from the steamboat on (and some cool replicas of such you could walk through in the museum--like being on a real steamboat.)


Here I am in the monorail, headed to Mud Island. I thought I wasn't going to mind it but it was actually a little scary. Nate is afraid of heights so I think I enjoyed it more.
There was a miniature Mississippi River winding all over the park and we walked from "Minnesota" to the "Gulf of Mexico" where I am standing. It's a good shot of the Memphis Skyline, too.


We went to the Zoo (of course!) while we were there. Walking around for 5 hours still didn't see it all. But I loved it! (And probably lost some weight!)

Here is Nate with the Panda, eating her bamboo. They wouldn't let him get in the cage to take a picture, so this is the best I got.



And here I am rescuing a baby panda that had gotten loose. The zoo is going to send me a check next week for that one...

(Ok, it's not real...)



Don't know what he's saying, but it must be funny!

I LOVE giraffes!! This one is not real, but it was amazing to me that when I stood next to it, I only came to its knee!! As I walked closer, I felt like I was getting shorter. It was about the size of a real one. And we got to see a real live BABY giraffe in the pen! It was awesome!! :o)


Of course, while there we had to visit Beale St. It was Sunday afternoon, though, and not much was happening. This picture was taken by a man who gave me the roses and then wanted a donation (we gave him some change). I was glad he gave the camera back--I know, that was suspicious of me, but you never know!

Here is a view of the famous Pyramid. We went right by it getting on the highway to go home

4 comments:

the Indian woman said...

Yeah!!! Fun vacation time!!! Thanks for posting the pictures with all the details. Happy Anniversary!!!

the Indian woman said...

What is it with Nate and elephants? He manages to find them wherever he goes...even at old west pioneer celebrations...hmmm

Georgia said...

congratulations on your two years and your fun celebration. :)

The Toplovs said...

Congratulations on your two years.