- Nate and Aimee
- Aimee--I am now working! I have a great job as the Publications Secretary for a local Methodist church, and it is a wonderful part-time occupation. I am still kind of keeping up with my eBay business re-selling quality women's clothing--got to sell off the inventory! I love being a Christian and being with Christians...I love that this world is not the final state of things... Nate--Just call me Mr. Arkansas. I'm an Arkansas fan. I love the Hogs, I love the towns, I love the woods, I love THE ROCK. First and foremost I love God and the home and wife He has given me. I love the Bible study where I lead worship and teach on occassion. To find out more . . . Check out da Blog!!
Saturday, September 06, 2008
My official submission to the naming contest is: Saber.
Thank you for reading my unnecessarily super-dramatic post.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
She has really pretty markings, and I hope they become even more pronounced as she gets older. We are currently boarding her sibling as well, but just for a couple of days until we can drop him (?) off at his new owner's house (yes, poor Bagheera...).
Monday, August 18, 2008
I don't have any new photos to post.
I don't have any cute kids to show off. Nor any on the way, either.
My life has changed very little, if any at all, in the last few months. Literally. People at church are reduced to asking us how we like our house. We like it just fine, but we did move in a year ago...
I don't really have anything to say.
I haven't found anything post-worthy or link-worth on the internet lately (don't go in too much for that, anyway).
But I needed a post for August. So this is it. Enjoy. :-P
Monday, July 28, 2008
I am officially O L D.
And today was the first day of VBS. :-D For as long as I can remember, VBS has fallen on my birthday. I can't complain, though...the teens are really doing great with the skits this year.
Since we decided not to celebrate until this weekend, I am going to pretend that I am 29 for a week longer.
On another note, here is a video for you to see how Nate is improving in his disc golf tee shots. :)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
5 Things on my To Do List:
- Finish cutting out and sewing 8 costumes for VBS
- Send some clothes to Breezy
- Reply to Courtney's and Erica's letters
- Clean up my spare room
Jobs I Have Had:
- 2nd and 3rd Grade Teacher
- Van Driver
- Campus Vist Coordinator for The Master's College
- Publications Secretary
5 Places I Have Lived:
- Gwinn, Michigan
- Wilton, Maine
- Santa Clarita, California
- Moshad Yad Hashmonah, Israel
- North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 Favorite Snacks:
- Chocolate Ice cream
- Chocolate pudding
- Chocolate cake
5 Things you May Not Know About Me:
- I lived in a house with no indoor plumbing or running water for 7 years
- I am generally not afraid of any bugs (having lived with them in said house) but I still get Nate to kill them for me :)
- My best friend is also my double-cousin (her mom is my mom's sister, her dad is my dad's brother...want me to explain it again?)
- My husband was my brother's college roommate when I met him and I never dated anyone else
- I like a clean house (like it said, you may not know it, but its true...really!)
5 Things I would do if I were a billionaire
- Give to my church and then to missions!
- Pay off all our debts
- Set aside a plan for retirement (so Nate will stop worrying...)
- Adopt an orphan (or two) from Africa
- Buy Joanna and Olivia really fun presents :)
Things I love:
- A really good discussion about anything, but especially God's Word
- Spending time with my hubby doing anything...even dishes
- Spending time with friends from church
- Lying around in bed (sad, but true...)
- People who use their turn signals!!!
Breezy :P haha
Friday, June 13, 2008
You Are An INFJ
You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.
Independent and stubborn, you rarely stray from your vision - no matter what it is.
You are an excellent listener, with almost infinite patience.
You have complex, deep feelings, and you take great care to express them.
In love, you truly see relationships as an opportunity to connect and grow.
You enjoy relationships as long as they are improving and changing. You can't stand stagnation.
At work, you stay motivated and happy... as long as you are working toward a dream you support.
You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.
How you see yourself: Hardworking, ethical, and helpful
When other people don't get you, they see you as: Manipulative, weak, and unstable
...but some of it is Eeerily close! :-P (Yeah, I meant the last part, Mom).
Thursday, June 12, 2008
After I took the doll apart (removing cloth body and sleepy eyes), I washed her vinyl parts in baby shampoo and let them dry. Then using a special heat-set paint, I began to try to make her skin more lifelike:
So far, I have finished the paint (shinier than I wanted, oh well), added eyes and eyelashes (very time consuming, frustrating, and had many do-overs) and am in the process of rooting her hair with curly black mohair:
Pretty painted fingernails...
She is looking quite Native American, due to the low hairline. I had to bring it further forward on her forehead because of the grooves that were already there and I didn't have a dremmel to remove. In order to give her a full head of hair, I have a loooong way to go! And then it will still need to be cut and styled.
I have a cute, soft body all ready made for her by Gia Heath of Babycre8tions.com, and I just need to finish that head! I am posting this in hopes it will motivate me to finish.
I also made a keyholder, which conveniently hangs right next to the door.
And got a chalkboard through Southern Living which I put near the door to the garage. It is supposed to be for reminders like "Put Out Trash" so we'll see how it works...