About Me

My photo
Aimee--I am now working! I have a great job as the Publications Secretary for a local Methodist church, and it is a wonderful part-time occupation. I am still kind of keeping up with my eBay business re-selling quality women's clothing--got to sell off the inventory! I love being a Christian and being with Christians...I love that this world is not the final state of things... Nate--Just call me Mr. Arkansas. I'm an Arkansas fan. I love the Hogs, I love the towns, I love the woods, I love THE ROCK. First and foremost I love God and the home and wife He has given me. I love the Bible study where I lead worship and teach on occassion. To find out more . . . Check out da Blog!!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Unfinished Projects...

I have recently gotten into an art called Reborn dollmaking. Originally this art form started with taking vinyl play dolls and "refurbishing" them to lovely collectible dolls. I found it through eBay and I fell in love. The art has progressed so far it is now pushing boundaries, making more and more lifelike dolls. I found this cutie at Savers for a dollar and decided to try it for myself:


After I took the doll apart (removing cloth body and sleepy eyes), I washed her vinyl parts in baby shampoo and let them dry. Then using a special heat-set paint, I began to try to make her skin more lifelike:



So far, I have finished the paint (shinier than I wanted, oh well), added eyes and eyelashes (very time consuming, frustrating, and had many do-overs) and am in the process of rooting her hair with curly black mohair:

Pretty painted fingernails...




She is looking quite Native American, due to the low hairline. I had to bring it further forward on her forehead because of the grooves that were already there and I didn't have a dremmel to remove. In order to give her a full head of hair, I have a loooong way to go! And then it will still need to be cut and styled.


I have a cute, soft body all ready made for her by Gia Heath of Babycre8tions.com, and I just need to finish that head! I am posting this in hopes it will motivate me to finish.


1 comment:

The Mom said...

You have done a wonderful job so far! The transformation is amazing!